Much of life is spent getting ready; getting ready for work, ready for marriage, ready for children, ready for pregnancy and yet few people get ready for weight loss.
The actual nutrition theory behind weight loss is very simple - you need to eat less then you have been and you need to move more than you are but so many of us fail time and time again to get this balance right.
If this sounds like you, perhaps it is time to get your mind ready for weight loss because this is actually where most the battle is won.
Things to consider if you seriously want to lose weight once and for all are:
1) Is it the right time for your to commit 100% to weight loss?
2) Are you prepared to commit for 3,6 or even 12 months of work work and limited treats?
3) Is the plan you are starting so restrictive that you will be bored after a week?
4) What needs to be different about your thinking this time around to make sure this weight loss plan works?
5) What health professionals do you need to enlist to help support your weight loss journey?
6) What are the small daily habits you can start to change now to help support weight loss without even offocially starting a weight loss program?
7) If you have wanted to lose weight for some time, why is this time going to be different?
8) What needs to change in your life to support weight loss?
9) Are your weight loss goals realistic?
10) Who are the saboteurs in your life and how are you going to manage them?